1. Only one account per person is permitted.
2. Keep all posts on-topic.
3. The purpose of the forum provided by PSIPW Communities is to allow people to ask and answer questions about applying to the nomination prize and for referees to manage their tasks. it is not intended to provide people with an opportunity to increase traffic to their own websites or to promote the organization. The forum moderators may use their discretion to remove signatures, delete threads, warn, suspend or ban people whose aim it is to do this rather than to use the forum for its stated purpose.
5. Do not pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
6. Do not discuss illegal activities or topics not related to the nomination application. Posts may be deleted without warning if we they expose us to unnecessary legal risk.
7. Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
8. Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
9. Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
10. Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
11. Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. "read this or you will be arrested"). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Foo crashes when I do bar".
12. Include as much information as you can when seeking help. This may include logs and command line output. Nobody will be able to help you if you give unsufficient detail.
13. No useless posts one liners/thread bumping etc etc.
14. Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. Feel free to use the "add to users reputation" icon next to a users post. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer.
15. Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material, or might otherwise be considered offensive or even out of the main orientation of our website. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
We allow signatures to identify you - they are not meant to be a sales advertisement. There are some guidelines below about what can and can't be done but it comes down to this: if we think you're using your signature as a sales advertisement we'll ask you to remove it and take action from there.
1. Must be setup in your Control Panel (User Menu-> Your Details), and not manually added to your messages.
2. May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
3. May contain a maximum of two . Or one animated smiley.
4. May include two links. or mailto:
5. Only exact allowed not <a ="">LOOK HERE</a>
6. May include two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
7. Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
8. Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
9. May not contain links to other threads or posts.
10. Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
11. Any signature that is offensive or insulting to either , Communities, its members, its staff, or are prohibited.
12. We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
13. No images in your Signature, however or board icons are permitted as long as it keeps to the maximum of two or one animated smiley.
At all times:
1. Communities trusts the Forum Moderators to use their best judgment in assessing the intention and good will of people who post on this site. If the Moderator feels that any portion of a posting, including the signature or avatar, is intended to be disruptive or insulting, or otherwise inappropriate in the community context, the Moderator is empowered to remove or alter the post and in worse case scenarios, ban the poster. Of course we also encourage all Moderators to contact the poster first and communicate their concerns, but in the event the situation is not corrected to the satisfaction of the Moderator, we will support the Moderators decision and no appeal procedure is available.
2. Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but unnecessarily argumentative posts, coarse language, insults, personal attacks, threats or intimidation, slander and baseless accusations will not be tolerated.
3. No form of advertising is permitted. Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed.
4. This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement for custom development or to be a "wall of shame". Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
5. If you feel a post violates any of these rules, please use the "report bad post" icon to notify the moderators.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. PSIPW Communities reserves the right to ban abusers from the site. PSIPW Communities reserves the right to change these rules at any time.